About this opportunity
Do you need a coffee or tea in the morning to get your day started? Why not join us at HammondCare Horsley aged care home and enjoy a cuppa and a chat with the elderly residents who are living with dementia.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity, specialising in dementia. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that partner with us to enhance the lives of our residents. HammondCare is located at 19 Kiama St Miranda.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have additional criteria
- You will need to be aged between 18 and 79 years old
- Provide proof of your current flu vaccination - or be willing to have the flu vaccination prior to starting
- Be prepared to wear a face mask for all visits
Successful applicants will be required to complete a national police check which HammondCare will organise and pay for.
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.
National Police Certificate *.
1-2 hours per week for 12 months (between Monday to Friday)Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
All HammondCare volunteers receive training as well as the ongoing support of a Volunteer Coordinator.