About this opportunity
About our Organisation: The Generous and the Grateful enables survivors of trauma and tragedy, who are trying to start over, to thrive from the comfort of their new home, by providing packages of quality second-hand furniture and white goods. In short, we furnish homes so survivors can thrive. Further, by channelling high quality items from individuals, hotel refurbishment and online retail returns, we reduce unnecessary landfill considerably. In this way, our practical solution helps both people and planet.
About the Role: The Operations & Customer Service Team Leader provides day to day support to the Operations Team, managing the smooth running of the processes that support: - caseworkers requesting furniture ad white goods for their clients, - and donors generously offering quality items they would like to re-home.
- Be the point of contact for all escalations relating to Operations, including both internal (team) and external (agency) parties
- Manage team roster
- Facilitate the onboarding and training of new volunteers
- Create, review and update documentation to support the workflow of the Operations team
- Work with other teams within the business to continually improve the way requests and donations are processed end to end
- Enable the Operations team to continually provide a high level of customer service in all interactions
- Provide performance and incident reporting to the leadership team
- Managing performance and skills in a volunteer-based organisation
- Working within a startup environment to maximise output in creative and collaborative ways
Personal Attributes & Capabilities: We’re looking for people who have great organisational and communication skills, an eagerness to contribute ideas, and a desire to help, learn and grow. Opportunity to Job Share This role would suit someone with previous experience in a customer service, operations or service desk environment.
Key attributes include:
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise work
- Strong communication skills across internal and external stakeholder groups
- Willingness to adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated empathy, working with heart as well as mind
- Availability across the week to help ensure seamless flow of the operations team
National Police Certificate *.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management