About this opportunity
This role is pivotal in the market, being the first to greet shoppers as they arrive and enter the market.
A welcoming comment or greeting can set the day for shoppers and this volunteers easy and welcoming manner will make shoppers feel like they are part of the market family.
They will answer general questions about the market as people arrive if asked and generally be a source of information.
- Customer service
- Friendly and helpful demeanor and a passion for farmers' markets essential.
- Able to retain and deliver information to members of the public as needed
- Able to be on their feet for the duration of the market and comfortable being mostly outdoors
- Flat fully enclosed shoes essential
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
8am - 12.30pm, Sundays once a monthType of work
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
On the job training and induction