About this opportunity
About the Board
The Board establishes the strategic leadership and governance to achieve the mission of Volunteer West. As a general board member, you will contribute to growing Volunteer West in a strategic manner. Responsibilities of a general board member include:
- Attend and take part in Board and sub-committee meetings
- Annually review and approve the budget, strategic plans, and organisational performance
- Develop and review major policies and changes
- Overseeing regulatory compliance and risk management for the organisation
- Lead sub-committees and take steps to improve outcomes
- Being active in the organisation, such as by attending functions or events as a representative of an organisation
- Fulfil other tasks and functions as agreed.
Volunteer West aims to establish a board with diverse members that have a mix of different skill sets, knowledge and experiences, and are representative of the communities we serve. We welcome applicants with diversity of professional and lived experiences to meet the current and future needs of an organisation. For the current vacancy, we are seeking expressions of interest from potential members with fundraising and philanthropic experience. Given the pandemic, all meetings are virtual. To apply, please send us a short cover letter and your CV addressed to the Board President, Mr Roland Selvanayagam. More information about Volunteer West is available on our website.
National Police Certificate *.
Board meetings occur bi-monthly, lasting on average 1.5 hours. There would be ad-hoc sub-committee portfolio work between Board meetings. On average, it is hoped members contribute about 10 hours per month.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Volunteer West encourages members to undertake training opportunities available on governance and leadership.Reimbursement
Reasonable reimbursements for out-of-pocket expenses related to Volunteer West activities.