About this opportunity
Clota Cottage Neighbourhood House in Box Hill is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to undertake a range of administration functions. Tasks will depend on experience, skills, and knowledge.
This is a terrific opportunity to volunteer with a new manager as we undergo a review of processes and look to revitalise the neighbourhood house in preparation to re-open after COVID lock down.
Responsibilities may include the following, depending on experience:
- Provide a range of administration tasks to support the operations of Clota Cottage Neighbourhood House.
- Assist with creating operational documents, maintaining databases, etc.
- Maintain paper-based and computerised filing system.
- Assist in streamlining systems to improve efficiencies.
- Reception, greet visitors, answer the phone, mail.
- Assist with Neighbourhood House aesthetics, posters, displays, decorating, etc.
- Tasks and responsibilities in line with experience and skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good time-management, planning, and administrative skills
- Sound judgment and discretion when liaising with staff, students, volunteers, community
- Ability to work with limited supervision at times
- A desire to join a community based organisation
What we offer:
- An opportunity to learn and/or improve administration and operational skills and knowledge.
- The possibility to fit volunteering around study schedule if necessary.
- An opportunity to participate in a community based not-for-profit organisation.
- Hours to suit requirements, time off during school holidays.
Location: During Stage 3-4 Lock down: volunteer from home
When restrictions ease: The role will be located at Clota Cottage Neighbourhood House in Box Hill.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we would love to hear from you.
National Police Certificate *.
• Business administration skills, demonstrated through experience and/or studies
• Computer literacy to carry out required tasks, and ability to quickly learn if required
Negotiable, minimum 5 hours a week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People with disability
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications