About this opportunity
Are you friendly and enjoy having a chat? As a volunteer, your role is to have a friendly chat with people who make contact on the telephone, talking about everyday topics. This is not a crisis intervention or counselling service. Volunteers will be provided support and training. You will answer incoming calls via a computer and have a friendly chat with people as well as completing simple data entry tasks online during your shift. Some of the skills and qualities we are looking for;
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Previous volunteer experience is desirable but not necessary
- Experience or willingness to learn about community organisations
- Basic IT proficiency
- National Police record check
- Adhere to and promote the values and mission of Friends for Good
- Commitment to volunteering
- All volunteers must be prepared to call other volunteers and swap shifts with them if unavailable for a rostered shift.
National Police Certificate *.
Volunteers are asked to give 2 to 4 hours per month. We operate from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Counselling & Help Line
- Seniors & Aged Care
We provide comprehensive training and ongoing support.Reimbursement
Our Perth office is currently based in North Perth.