About this opportunity
Volunteers are required to follow safe kitchen practices and meet food safety standards whilst preparing and serving food. Volunteers also provide social support to clients at the centre and assist in the set up and running of activities.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
• Capacity to build relationships one-on-one with consumer.
• Capacity to meet food safety standards.
• Nominated kitchen assistants: Must follow safe kitchen practices under the direction of the Cook.
• Good communication and listening skills.
• Understanding of how the Aged Care Quality Standards apply.
• Own vehicle or access to transport to volunteering location.
• Willingness to mentor and support new volunteers.
Tuesday and WednesdayType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
Training and Induction Provided