About this opportunity
On My Feet transforms lives. We assist those at risk of, or dealing with, homelessness by providing exercise groups and structured programs aimed at creating pathways to self-sufficiency and improved wellbeing.
The Footsteps Program is a six-month self-development course for up to 15 chosen participants who are experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. During the program, participants undertake weekly educational workshops exploring positive physical and mental health, goal setting, strength identification, leadership and role modelling. Concurrently to these weekly workshops, participants train with On My Feet every week to improve their physical well-being and running ability.
About the Role:
This Recruitment Coordinator will liaise directly with various homeless shelters, crisis accommodation centres and homeless service providers to nominate relevant candidates for the 2020 Fremantle Footsteps Program.
On My Feet welcomes inquiries from applicants who can:
• engage with candidates through positive dialogue
• recruit participants based on the relevant selection criteria
• build relationships with key partners and clients
• promote the Footsteps Program externally to garner interest from stakeholder organisations
• collaborate with the coaches in the final stages of the recruitment process to ensure that those chosen align with the selection criteria
• follow the instructions of the Footsteps Program Coordinators
Personal Skills & Abilities:
• Able to work with individuals from different backgrounds and understand their differing perspectives.
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Decision-making skills
• Strong relationship management skills
• Personal & professional approach
• Energetic and confident
• Stakeholder management
The various shelters will be based in the Fremantle area or surrounding suburbs. Please note that On My Feet does not have a registered office in Perth. All volunteer work can be completed at home or at an agreed location amongst the team.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
No specific qualifications are required for this role, however, experience working directly with clients or external stakeholders is preferred. We welcome applicants with differing backgrounds where the required skills detailed above can be demonstrated.
If this role sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you - please click the 'Apply' or 'Express Interest' button below.
• Refrain from raising their own political or religious beliefs and imposing these on other stakeholders when representing the organisation
• To support the mission and values of On My Feet
• To fulfil the duties & responsibilities outlined
10 hours per weekType of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy