About this opportunity
The Salvation Army (TSA) Darwin Corps is looking for a mission volunteer to join the team as a volunteer Shuttle Bus Attendant! The volunteer Shuttle Bus Attendant will assist with providing transport to and from Darwin, Palmerston and the Holtze Correction Centre. The successful candidate will be reliable, non-jugemental and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that they are supporting the work of The Salvation Army and their local community.
A typical day will involve courteous and friendly transportation of visitors to the Holtze correction centre via Darwin and Palmerston. The Attendant provides companionship, conversation, assistance and advice to passengers on the shuttle run. We welcome applications for the volunteer role who have experience in customer service and care, this is an advantage but not essential as training and induction are provided. Integrity checks will be a requirement of this role.
Please advise availability in your expression of interest. Various shifts available: 9:30 to 1pm or 1pm to 5:30 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays as arranged with manager. Shifts are accompanied with a volunteer bus Driver.
Role Required Tasks
- Assist the driver to provide a quality transport service to those requiring transport to the Holtze Correction Centre
- Assist clients to and from vehicle (avoiding undertaking physical lifting or personal care duties)
- Operate in a manner that promotes effective teamwork, good relationships with service providers and service users
- Be prompt, courteous and respectful when interacting with residents, families and colleagues
Qualifications & Experience Requirements Of The Role
- Great people skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Fully complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Criminal History (Police Check) Check and integrity checks as required
- Have current WWCC/Ochre card
- Complete TSA induction modules and any other training as required
If you have some spare time and are looking to give back to your local community, this is a great opportunity to come along side those in their time of need.
This program helps us to work towards achieving our vision: “Wherever there is hardship or injustice, the Salvo’s will live, love and fight alongside others to transform Australia, one life at a time, with the love of Jesus.”
In working towards this vision we see the shuttle bus service as an important part and we want to see families coming together to overcome their hardships, with this we want to focus on families and our response to their situation.
All volunteers in The Salvation Army are expected to act in accordance with the Australian Territory’s mission and values and comply with The Salvation Army’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures. These will be provided to you on commencement of your role.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Various shifts available; 9:30am to 1pm or 1pm to 5:30pm on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday as arranged with the manager. All shifts are accompanied by a Driver.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Driving & Transportation
TSA induction and orientation provided.