About this opportunity
If you are a person who is highly organised, able to take direction as required, enjoys working outdoors, camping, driving a variety of vehicles, including 8 ton trucks, able to cope with physical work, then we would like you to join Bicycle SA as the Event Logistics Officer for our single day (Sundays), 16 day Outback Odyssey touring the world famous Flinders Ranges, 1 - 16 May and also our 8 day Annual Tour of the Barossa, Clare and Fleurieu region of South Australia 18 - 26 September 2021 inclusive.
Leading up to the annual tour and Outback Odyssey, your role will be to select the requested equipment, and, with assistance, loading that equipment. During the tour and Outback Odyssey you also will be responsbile for site set-up, and on-site management. After the tour your responsibility, with assistance, will be to organise the unloading and re-checking equipment, etc. in readiness for the next event. It would be advisable to work with the Logistics Manager in the week leading up to the event.
This is an ideal opportunity to visit regional South Australia including the Flinders Ranges, where 2 nights will be spent in Burra and also Melrose, one of the oldest townships in the world renowned Flinders Ranges.
During the September tour, two nights will be spent in Clare.
All meals and campsite accommodation provided.
- Vehicle licence - MR licence and or HR licence
- Ability to tow trailers
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to take direction as required
- Ability to work outdoors
- Does not mind a degree of physical work
- Experience in general maintenance an advantage
Driver's Licence (C) . Driver's Licence (HR) . Driver's Licence (MR) .
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
9.00am - 5.00pm pre events, 6.30am - 4.00pm during events, 9.00am - 5.00pm post eventsSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Driving & Transportation
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Trades & Maintenance
MR and/or HR vehicle licence if required. Manual handling.Reimbursement