About this opportunity
A wonderfully rewarding opportunity to enrich the life of someone who may be at risk of social isolation or loneliness. You will be matched with a person, or people, with similar interests and/or background to your own so you can spend time enjoying each other’s company, having meaningful conversation and maybe sharing a mutually enjoyed activity.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Others .
No formal qualifications required; however the following are essential to be successful in this role:
• Ability to communicate and interact with dementia residents.
• Compassion and genuine empathy for older people.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Enjoy participating in tasks and activities in a group.
• Genuine interests helping seniors.
• National Police Clearance (screened in accordance with the organisations policies)
• Influenza vaccination on an annual basis.
• Signed statutory declaration.
• Complete mandatory trainings and orientation.
1 hour per weekSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Work Experience
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation and support training provided