About this opportunity
What do LEO Clubs do? LEO Clubs are a youth organisation of Lions Clubs International.
The word "LEO" stands for Leadership, Experience, Opportunity.
LEO clubs encourage youths to develop leadership qualities by participating in social service activities.
Why should I join an LEO/Lions Club? Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time.
There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life. Lions are doing good- for others and for themselves.
Joining a local LEO or Lions club is a great way to network with other people in your community, make a difference and make new friends.
Your position is negotiable on your skills, experience, availability, passion, resources, etc.
LEO's work together to deliver projects that will help to make the world a better place!
LEO' s serve their communities; gain experience; learn new skills; have fun; make friends; develop teams; become leaders; seize opportunities; build a better future.
Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time. There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life! ____
Tasks and duties
- Developing communications strategies.
- Writing, editing, proofreading, and formating copy for publishing in print and/or online.
- Creating and managing publication production timelines and teams.
- Liaising with, supporting, or managing public relations team for the creation of press releases, advertising kits, and promotional collateral.
- Writing speeches for senior leaders in the organiaation.
- Writing scripts for strategic videos.
- Managing social media channels, website, app, and publication content calendar.
- Creating marketing strategies aimed to attract or retain members, and funders/shareholders.
- Executing communication strategies using customer relationship management databases and email direct marketing software and templates.
- Assessing web, email, and social media analytics to understand opportunities and barriers.
- Organizing and managing events to promote key messages.
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of the team.
Communication Managers may be responsible to oversee a team and need to have strong leadership skills in addition to a high level of experience and knowledge in communications, marketing or public relations.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written);
- Passion for community services and experience;
- Potential or established leadership qualities;
- Down to earth people;
- Values driven people with Integrity and Honesty;
- 18+ years of age.
5-10 hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Library Services
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Out of pocket expenses for delivering programs.