About this opportunity
What do LEO Clubs do? LEO Clubs are a youth organisation of Lions Clubs International.
The word "LEO" stands for Leadership, Experience, Opportunity.
LEO clubs encourage youths to develop leadership qualities by participating in social service activities.
Why should I join an LEO/Lions Club? Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time.
There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life. Lions are doing good- for others and for themselves.
Joining a local LEO or Lions club is a great way to network with other people in your community, make a difference and make new friends.
Your position is negotiable on your skills, experience, availability, passion, resources, etc.
LEO's work together to deliver projects that will help to make the world a better place!
LEO' s serve their communities; gain experience; learn new skills; have fun; make friends; develop teams; become leaders; seize opportunities; build a better future.
Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time. There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life!
Tasks and duties*
- Assessing client needs.
- Monitoring client progress.
- Delivering counselling (to individuals or groups).
- Liaising with other community groups and social services.
- Referring clients to other support groups and social services.
- Contributing to developing new services and mental health programs.
- Maintaining client records.
Mental Health Support Workers deliver counselling and refer patients to other social services programs. To be considered for this role, please send through your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written);
- Passion for community services and experience;
- Potential or established leadership qualities;
- Down to earth people;
- Values driven people with Integrity and Honesty;
- 18+ years of age.
5-10 hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Fundraising & Events
Out of pocket expenses for delivering programs.