About this opportunity
If you are a caring and friendly person, consider sharing your time, skills and experience with children and young people who need, for various reasons, to live outside of the family home. We encourage people from diverse cultures to apply.
You can choose your own hours, are provided with orientation training and ongoing support. We conduct the necessary security checks and Working With Children Check at no cost. You will be reimbursed for personal travel to and from your home and our office, and for other approved expenses. Our aim is for you to have an enjoyable and rewarding experience with no out of pocket costs.
You need to be 18 years and over, however no qualifications are needed. If you express patience and kindness and have some experience with children and/or young people (workplace experience not needed), we'd love to hear from you.
In return, you'll experience all the rewards that come from knowing you're helping your community in a positive and valuable way. You will be a part of a team of dedicated, friendly and welcoming people. You will learn new skills, meet new people, develop new networks and gain great experience.
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Weekdays and/or weekends. We workaround your availability and needs.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
We provide training and support, volunteer insurance, free Working With Children Check (WWCC).Reimbursement
Reimbursement for travel expenses from home to and from office and approved out of pocket expenses.