About this opportunity
We are looking for a marine scientist or marine biologist (or student) who is looking to gain some real life experience in marine education or developing citizen science initiatives. Knowledge in marine studies and conservation, as demonstrated by relevant studies/experience is preferred together with a strong understanding of research methodology. Students seeking work experience/internship in the relevant disciplines are welcome to apply. Come and Join our team who educate and promote the preservation of our marine precinct.
Our activities support our overall goal of promoting local participation in enhancing awareness on coastal and marine habitats and wildlife on the Gold Coast and include:
- Connecting the Gold Coast community to coastal and marine
- Providing environmental education programs for schools and community on coasts and marine environment
- Organising community events to celebrate the uniqueness of the Gold Coast Marine and coastal environment
- Promoting environmental stewardship behaviours by giving the Gold Coast Community the capacity and awareness to practice marine and coastal conservation
- Mapping coastal and marine issues on the Gold Coast.
We welcome people from all walks of life and differing views to come and learn about our local environment. We are a non-advocacy group that does not participate in campaigning.
Working with Children Check *.
The location for field work will be the Gold Coast but most activities will be in and around Burleigh Heads.
Days and times are negotiableSuitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Education & Training
Introductory training on organisationReimbursement
To be discussed