About this opportunity
The role of the Volunteer Visitor is vital in creating a sense of connection and community for our residents in our Residential Facilities and helping us fulfil our purpose to enrich veterans and seniors' lives.
Duties: Visit a resident one on one or a group of residents to provide companionship or provide or support resident social connection with music, crafts, hobbies or cultural activities
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Have patience, kindness and empathy for mature aged people
- A desire to make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Reliability and flexibility
- At ease working independently
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Alignment with the values of RSL LifeCare
- Ability to follow WH&S procedures
- Willing to seek and accept advice on the role and provide feedback, as appropriate.
RSL Lifecare will undertake National Police Checks and flu vaccinations. RSL LifeCare has COVID safe practices in place to protect our volunteers.
- A sense of wellbeing from helping others
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
National Police Certificate *.
1-2 hours weekly or fortnightly - flexible to suit the volunteer.Suitable for
- People Learning English
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation training provided