About this opportunity
Thank you for your interest in applying to become a volunteer with Cancer Council Western Australia. We are committed to engaging with the community to help us in the fight against cancer.
Cancer Council WA has a commitment to providing people affected by cancer, their families and carers with support to enhance their feelings of well-being and quality of life. The Complementary Therapy program offers a range of therapies to cancer patients and carers.
We are seeking a qualified Complementary Massage Therapist to administer Cancer Council approved complementary touch based therapy to people affected by cancer. The Complementary Therapy program operates weekly and aims to offer a range of approved complementary therapies to clients by appointment.
Under the guidance of the Cancer Support Coordinator, the main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Comply with Cancer Council Complementary Touch Based Therapy policy, guidelines and protocols • Deliver chosen therapy within this framework • Meet time and duty commitments • Complete consent and medical history client forms • Respect client confidentiality • Complete reporting documents • Maintain regular contact with and provide feedback to supervisor • Report concerns regarding client suitability or condition
• Diploma of Remedial Massage HTL 50307 that includes a unit in Working with People with Chronic Disease or equivalent post Diploma study or work.
• Documented evidence of 50 hours of supervised practice
• Eligible for membership to a professional association
• Positive approach to the workplace
• Understanding of and commitment to the values of Cancer Council WA
• Commitment to work within the boundaries of the role
This supportive Complementary Therapy program operates at the Cancer Support Centre Peel (Mandurah) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays each week. Our Massage Therapy sessions regularly book out one month in advance so we are looking for new Therapist to offer at least a half day per fortnight (3-4 massages), depending on volunteer availability. We currently have two therapy rooms available on Thursdays as well as availability on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Trades & Maintenance