About this opportunity
The Victim Assistant Worker - Afterhours duties include:
- Providing practical support and information for people impacted by crime at the time of their crisis via 1800 672 242
- Act as virtual receptionist and first point of enquiry for VoCNT, at all times providing a warm and welcoming response
- Provide emotional support using a strengths-based approach that demonstrates active listening, empathy, reassurance and offers appropriate support options
- Organise residential and business re-secures by arranging contractor attendance after hours or as soon as practicable
- Record accurate details on the intake form, emailing the Volunteer Development Officer and Administration Assistant for each call
- Work with clients to assess their needs, providing appropriate referral options
- Work with clients to ensure their afterhours safety, offering call back on shift if necessary and follow up by staff the following business day
- Attend VoCNT Volunteer Skills Workshops and other volunteer activities to maintain learning and skills.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about making a difference in their community. The ability to interact with empathy and sensitivity to a diverse range of people who are impacted by a crime is essential. Well developed oral and written communication skills and time management/organisation skills will also make you stand out for this role.
This role can be done from the comfort of your own home. Other duties from time to time are available dependent upon volunteer availability.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the State or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
1 Shift per week (Mon to Friday) between 8-14 HoursSuitable for
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Counselling & Help Line