About this opportunity
Tasks and duties
- Providing advice and assistance on HR policies, projects and procedures.
- Assisting the HR Manager in recruitment activities such as preparing job descriptions, advertising roles and conducting interviews.
- Overseeing the onboarding of new staff and assisting in the development of onboarding procedures.
- Preparing reports for the HR Manager and maintaining employee records.
- Developing training and development programs.
- Assisting with performance management processes and devising staff remuneration, rewards and recognition and wellbeing programs.
- Dealing with workplace relations issues such as complaints, conflicts, grievances and misconduct.
- Coordinating workplace health and safety initiatives.
- Organising counselling or support for staff members dealing with a workplace accident or personal trauma.
- Reviewing employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Managing staff succession planning.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week/fortnight (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every volunteer in DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge: - Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO); - Council of Social Services (QCOSS); - Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement