About this opportunity
**Tasks and duties **
- Assessing client needs.
- Monitoring client progress.
- Delivering counselling (to individuals or groups).
- Liaising with other community groups and social services.
- Referring clients to other support groups and social services.
- Contributing to developing new services and mental health programs.
- Maintaining client records.
Mental Health Support Workers deliver counselling and refer patients to other social services programs.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Library Services
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Mandate Reporting/Child Safety, Mental Health, First Nations/Cultural Awareness, Fair Work Ombudsman Trainings, and others as negotiated.Reimbursement