About this opportunity
As a retail volunteer, you will play a central role in the operations of the shop, making a significant and valuable contribution to the St Vincent de Paul Society. Many of our stores trade 7 days a week, so as little as 4 hours a week could make a huge impact.
Our retail volunteers perform a variety of tasks including:
- Providing customer with an excellent shopping experience
- Sorting and pricing donations
- Assisting with product displays
- Processing sales through the point of sale cash register
- Keeping the store and sorting area tidy, whilst maintaining safe work practices
National Police Certificate *.
The volunteers we are seeking will ideally:
- Be a people person - welcoming, encouraging and positive
- Be available to work Saturday and Sunday
- Be willing to work within the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society, and
- Be respectful to others and flexible in their attitude to work and the team.
No experience is needed as in-store coaching and training is provided. All volunteers must be complete a National Police Check before commencing with Vinnies, we will supply the paperwork.
available times 9-4 Mon to Fri. Sat 9-1Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Retail & Sales
On site training given