About this opportunity
Alex Makes Meals is preparing, cooking and delivering free meals for frontline medical staff, straight to their door! As COVID-19 continues, healthcare professionals are working harder than anyone should. The last thing they should be thinking about is where their next meal is coming from.
Fundraising Officers will be in charge of assisting the Head of Fundraising in managing and developing the various funding streams that the fundraising strategy aims to use. These streams include: Donors, Special Events, Sales, Memberships, and Crowdfunding. Please note that when applying to become a Fundraising Officer you will be assigned to one of these areas.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Maintain a register of individual donor’s details including email
- Create content such as pledge forms, thank you forms etc for Online Direct Mail
- Develop donors into recurring donors using content and Online Direct Mail
- Keep track of donations through donation page on Alex Makes Meals website
- Ensure that tax deductible receipts are being sent to donors via Finance
- Develop strategies to increase individual donorship
- Where possible develop events that the public can participate in and promote donations whether through donation during the event or ticket sales
- Examples may be virtual concerts, live cooking streams, Q&As etc.
- Coordinate the sale of Alex Makes Meals merchandise possibly including clothing, cookware, online cooking videos etc.
- Act as a point of contact with suppliers of merchandise
- Attract donors to become members on a subscription basis
- Members get added benefits based on membership level
- Maintain and manage relationship with members through creating content and keeping them in loop abut the charities activities
- Help promote crowdfunding platforms in conjunction with Public Relations
- Keep track of donations and ensure that tax deductible receipts are distributed as needed
- Develop goals and strategies to encourage people to donate to the crowdfunding platforms
- Develop crowdfunding donors into recurring donors
- Completed VCE or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Networking skills
- Digital skills – Taking advantage of digital forms of fundraising
- Innovation skills – Able to come up with creative ideas for fundraising
- Budget management skills
- Time management skills
- Experience with Excel
- Ability to solve problems and think on your feet
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure and constantly evolving environment
- Full Driver’s License preferred but not required
- All volunteers are required to undertake COVID-19 Safety training
WORKING ARRANGEMENT: All individuals are engaged with Alex Makes Meals on a volunteer basis. This agreement does not constitute an employment relationship. Your participation will be entirely voluntary, and Alex Makes Meals is unable to provide remuneration for any services provided by volunteers. You are free to terminate the volunteer relationship without repercussions.
TIME COMMITMENTS: Alex Makes Meals Pty Ltd. is a charity created in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The organization is expanding rapidly and so are its services. As such the commitment may change according to changing circumstances. At the moment there is no remuneration and successful applicants will be skilled volunteers. Please consider this before applying.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
Training will be provided by the HR Team and the Head of Fundraising