About this opportunity
Tasks and duties
- Developing growth strategies and plans, by identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Managing and nurturing relationships with existing customers.
- Attending networking events and hosting stands at exhibitions and conferences.
- Researching prospects, cold calling potential customers and responding to incoming leads to increase your client base.
- Writing business proposals and presenting these to potential customers.
- Providing specialist advice on the products and/or services you’re selling.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts.
As a Volunteer Business Development Manager, you may also be responsible for developing a new product or service offerings to better meet the needs of new and existing customers.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement