About this opportunity
Tasks and duties
- Financial planning.
- Managing the finance and accounting team.
- Providing executive leadership with expert financial advice and proposing new financial strategies.
- Producing the company’s financial reports including profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Managing financial forecasting and allocating budgets.
- Approving business cases.
- Monitoring cash flow.
CFOs tend to have strong leadership skills, as well as sound judgement and a proven track record of success over time in the area of financial management.
A CFO must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written and must be able to engage with staff at all levels of an organisation. In publicly listed companies the CFO is often required to represent the company at investor relations meetings.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15 hours per month (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement