About this opportunity
We are seeking a volunteer to assist our Logistics Officer during our 8 day Gourmet Food and Wine Annual Tour, 18 - 26 September 2021 inclusive. The logistics truck essentially transports dry goods for the event and would need to be unloaded, set up, packed up and reloaded the next morning and driven on to the next venue. If you are well organised and prepared to work with your other team member until the task is completed, then we would like you to join us.
The truck will be ready to move on to the next destination by 9:00 am each day. On the Annual Tour, the rest day will be in Clare, where you will be free to do as you please. Transport will be provided from Adelaide and return. You will need to provide your own camping gear and any other personal items. All meals and camp site accommodation provided.
- Able to work under some degree of pressure
- Current driver's licence
- National Police Check
- Mechanical experience desirable
- Map reading experience/good navigation skills
- First Aid Certificate, knowledge of manual handling techniques a great asset
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
2021 Food & Gourmet Wine Tour - 18 - 26 September inclusiveSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Driving & Transportation
- Fundraising & Events
- Trades & Maintenance
Pre-event and/or on site