About this opportunity
- Performing day-to-day gardening tasks at Old Government House and Experiment Farm Cottage such as pruning, weeding, mowing the lawns, laying mulch, maintaining paved areas and paths, and occasionally creating new plantings.
- Performing day-to-day maintenance tasks at Old Government House and Experiment Farm Cottage such as fixing fences, repairing museum equipment, refurbishing education props, and other minor repairs.
- During exhibitions, you may wish to assist with fabricating cabinets and display cases, hanging pictures, moving furniture and installing objects for display.
- Depending on your shift day and time, you may be working in pairs or as part of a small team.
- You can choose to work in either gardens or maintenance, or across both areas.
Working with Children Check *.
There may be some lifting or bending required.
We require a minimum commitment of one day a month. Shift times are flexible but our volunteering days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. You can volunteer once a month, once a fortnight, or once a week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Garden Maintenance
- Trades & Maintenance
Induction on National Trust polices and familiarisation of each site by staff. Training in Safe Work procedures for works at Old Government House and Experiment Farm Cottage. Ongoing support from museum staff and fellow volunteers.Reimbursement
Only after approval of the property manager or supervisor.