About this opportunity
Traditionally a face-to-face program, City of Port Phillip's Youth Advisory Committee has moved to the online space in a purely advisory role. Time commitment is 90 minutes per fortnight, where you will help advise Council about issues affecting young people, and will be asked to give feedback on Council's plans and initiatives.
- Act as an advisory committee to Council on issues that are important to young people in the City of Port Phillip
- Assist with and advise Council on consultation processes with young people
- Consider issues of importance and develop recommendations to be presented to Council
- Ensure the views and concerns of the young people in Port Phillip are put forward, represented and considered
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Minimum requirement is a 1.5 hour webinar (with some face-to-face meetings, restrictions dependent) each fortnight, to be held between March and September 2021. Meetings are held outside of school hours (5pm start on a Tuesday).Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis