About this opportunity
As a Residential Aged Care Concierge Volunteer, you will be welcoming visitors to Baptistcare Residential facility during the current Covid19 pandemic. You will be responsible for • Welcoming visitors to aged care facility • Show visitors how to use the electronic check in • Restricting access to visitors who do not comply with our requirements and explaining the reason why • Recording the names of those visitors who have been refused access
National Police Certificate *.
This volunteer role will suit someone with a passion for Seniors and they will bring the following qualities:
• Great communication and listening skills
• Reliable and committed
• Empathy and patience
• Capacity to relate to a diverse range of people
• Ability to follow instructions.
Requirement for this volunteer role:
The following are required for all volunteers working in aged care in Australia
• National Police clearance, to be renewed every three years
• Signed statutory declaration and confidentiality agreement.
• Baptistcare has a responsibility and a commitment to our volunteers to ensure we provide you with appropriate orientation, training, supervision, and encouragement to maximise your volunteering. the successful volunteer will all be given access to our online training database and you will be asked to complete some mandatory trainings including: Residential Care: Temperature measurement using the LEPU infrared forehead thermometer and Introduction to Baptistcare values and code of conduct.
• Current flu vaccination
weekends between 4 to 8 hours per weekSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Seniors & Aged Care
Volunteers will be given access to our online database to access a range of training required