About this opportunity
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team as a volunteer. This role is perfect for those wishing to expand their skill-set and professional network in a new space. It will also allow you to gain hands on experience in the not for profit industry and contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of women and children in Afghanistan.
We are seeking someone who can commit 1-2 days per week (5+ hours/week), either at our Marsfield office or working remotely. Hours can be flexible around study, work or other commitments.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan. Over the past 22 years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives. We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for girls’ education, widows, and orphans.
As part of the role you will undertake tasks including:
- Assist in the creation of digital design content for eDMs, social media content and website design
- Assist in the execution of print design assets including (but not limited to): flyers, posters, banners, advertisements, signage, instruction manuals, training material, stationary etc
- Develop and design layouts for advertisements inclusive of copy and images
The ideal candidate will:
- Be creatively minded with experience in content creation and graphic design
- Confident in designing content using Adobe CC – mainly Photoshop and In Design
- Be able to work independently and autonomously
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be able to work well as part of a diverse office team
- Have passion to use their skills for the support and benefit of others
Please forward your portfolio to [email protected]
1-2 days per week (5+ hours/week). The hours and location of work is flexible. Working remotely is possible.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Marketing, Media & Communications