About this opportunity
The Men’s Kitchen was formed in 2016 on Sydney’s Northern Beaches when we started our six-person operation with the intent to teach older men in the Frenchs Forest area how to cook and make some new mates in the process. Since then we have expanded to over 110 members across three Northern Beaches locations, nine cooking sessions per month and over 20 instructors. So motivated by this growth and the expressions of interest from several other locations in NSW and Victoria we have restructured our operation from an Incorporated Association to become a not for profit Company Limited by Guarantee. Because of this, we have an opportunity for an experienced lawyer or accountant to join our team in Sydney as our board secretary. This is an ideal opportunity for a retired person or someone currently studying in the field. And as we’re such a small organisation, it is expected that your level of involvement will be no more than a day or so each month.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Provision of company secretarial and compliance services in accordance with the relevant Corporations Act requirements.
- Preparation and timely submission of a variety of documentation including minutes of meetings, statutory forms/returns, resolutions, policies, etc.
- Management of board meetings in an effective and professional manner.
What you'll bring
- Suitable experience in a corporate role and the necessary technical knowledge of the Corporations Act and company reporting requirements.
- Excellent computer skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
- Appropriate formal qualifications in either commerce, accounting, economics or law.
What we'll offer you
Sorry, we can’t afford a salary, however you will have the satisfaction of being part of a fantastic organisation and being an important part of something special as you help drive us across Australia.
Driver's Licence (C) .
Probably around 1-2 hours per month on averageSuitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Accounting & Finance
- Education & Training
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care