About this opportunity
Lutheran Community Care provides community services on behalf of the Lutheran Church in SA and NT through a range of programs. We support communities through responding to the needs of individuals and families, community development, learning opportunities, accommodation and support.
Our Op Shops sell good quality and affordable pre-loved clothing, household goods and bric-a-brac.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Operates register and processes payments by totaling purchases; processing sales, or offering support for ER clients as per LCC and shop protocol.
- Merchandise stock as directed by shop manager or daily team leader
- Tidy store and restock racks and shelves
- Clean store daily
- Other tasks as directed by shop manager or daily team leader
Volunteering with LCC is subject to:
- A satisfactory Working With Children Check
- Safe Place Training Lutheran Community Care will meet the cost of the special conditions listed above
Working with Children Check *.
* During the COVID-19 pandemic, organisations should be providing all necessary COVID-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Commitment to regular volunteer service, flexible hours and days available over 6 day roster. Currently needing Saturday volunteers.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Retail & Sales