About this opportunity
#The Shop Barista volunteer duties include:
- Making and serving beverages, such as coffee and tea
- Clean and maintain coffee machine and equipment
- Provide excellence in customer service to all consumers
- Prepare food for sale in line with industry Food Safety Standards ie sandwiches,rolls and salads
- Loading and unloading dishwasher and cleaning food preparation areas
- Cash register and point of sale (POS) operations
- Completion of Safe Food Handling training ( provided on site)
- Compliance with the Food Safety Plan is essential
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Previous customer service experience is highly desirable
- Previous POS experience is desirable
Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Monday to Sunday, 4 hours per day ( days, times and hours per week to suit your availability)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Food Preparation & Service
- Retail & Sales
Completion of Food Safety Training and Baristaing (provided on site)