About this opportunity
Your Grant writing role is critical and drives our ability to save two lives in one go. With your ability to seek out & apply for government, community and philanthropic grants you are directly ensuring the ongoing success and growth of our programs.
- Organise and establish grant materials showcasing our stories.
- Get Grant ready, have excellent written and communication skills
- Conduct research into available grants and other funding opportunities.
- Research requirements and sustainability of available grants.
- Seek information from funding bodies(philanthropic, trusts, government departments, local councils etc) community and potential partners.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Pack members in grant proposal preparation and submission.
- Write and prepare grant applications, prepare supporting documents and prepare grant acquittals alongside our Paw-some bookkeeper.
The Grant Writer works closely and in collaboration with the CEO and our Pack Leaders to maximize the financial goals and sustainability of PTSD Dogs Australia. This is a virtual position (work from home). Due to this, applicants will be required to have reliable telephone, internet, computer and safe working environment. You are very welcome to come spend time with our furry friends and the not so furry friends. We call ourselves the Pack!
National Police Certificate *.
To be successful in this role, applicants will have:
- Experience in the Not For Profit Sector, specialising in Grant applications.
- Documented grant seeking / grant writing experience.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- A demonstrated love of dogs.
- Understanding of PTSD in our Veterans and First Responders, preferred.
This is a role that can be shared, so if you have excellent skills in one or two of these platforms we would encourage you to apply.
Please address each selection point giving details of how you have been involved with grant writing, details of your communication skills, as well as how many hours you can assign to this position throughout the week.
Negotiable - 2 days a week or more would be beyond words appreciated, hours and times of working can be flexible as you can work from home to suit your lifestyle and requirements.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Writing & Editing
With a long term commitment to you and you to us, training courses are an option