About this opportunity
The role of a kitchen assistant is to provide support to the cook, working alongside other volunteers to assist in the output of a meal to the residents of the Vinnies Men’s Crisis Centre
Our kitchen is modern and fully operational with commercial appliances. General kitchen duties will include but are not limited to:
- food preparation
- supporting the cook
- service of the meal and clearing away after the meal
The St Vincent De Paul Vincentian Centre is the only Men’s Crisis Accommodation Service in Adelaide that provides crisis accommodation, meals and support services to homeless and vulnerable men to meet their immediate needs and to help them towards sustainable independent living, in a caring, supportive and respectful way.
Required to obtain a National Police Certificate
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Various Shifts: 5pm - 7pm ; 5.30pm - 7.30pm; 6pm - 8pm Wednesdays on a fortnightly basisType of work
- Food Preparation & Service
On the job training