About this opportunity
HammondCare is an independent charity, specialising in dementia care. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that make a difference in the lives of aged care residents.
As a Residential Care Concierge Volunteer you'll be welcoming visitors to HammondCare Waratah during the current Covid19 pandemic. As you volunteer each week, you’ll be responsible for
- Welcoming visitors to aged care home.
- Review each visitor against the entry criteria.
- Provide access to visitors that comply.
- Restrict access to visitors who don’t comply and explain to them why.
- Document visitor access and those where access has been denied.
This volunteer role will suit someone who has
- Excellent customer service and communication skills- including clear verbal communication
- Empathy and patience
- Capacity to relate to a diverse range of people
- Drivers licence & ability to travel to nominated HammondCare sites
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The time commitment is at least one session each week for 6 months or longer. We can talk to you about a time that suits you on Monday to Sunday, either
- 10:00am to 11:30am
- 1.30pm to 4:00pm
We'll provide training and support from an onsite Volunteer Coordinator. Successful applicants will be required to complete a police background check which we’ll arrange.
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.
National Police Certificate *.
You must be aged between 21 and 79 to volunteer as a HammondCare Residential Concierge.
All volunteers must have a current flu vaccination after 1st May, so you must be willing to have the shot and/or provide documentation confirming you’ve had the vaccination recently.
We can talk to you about a time that suits you on Monday to Sunday, either 10:00am to 11:30am 1.30pm to 4:00pmType of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Training is provided as well as ongoing support by a local Volunteer Coordinator. We offer an extensive training program, including an NDIS module so you will be well equipped as a volunteer.