About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of the Multicultural Association of Russian-speaking Women "Ogonyok"
Tasks and Responsibilities: We have a variety of volunteer positions which allow everyone in the community an opportunity to contribute to the overall well-being of your community. You may be a current or former professional, or an enthusiastic amateur wishing to share your interests, expertise and experience. All courses will be run during the day. These will vary dependent on which area listed below is your interest:
- ESL English Tutors
- Discussion Group Leaders
- Art and Craft Group Leaders for our “Second Life” Recycling Group
- Art Therapy Assistants/Leaders
- Outdoor Activity Leaders/Assistants
Skills and Experience:
- You should have an interest in interacting with people over 55 years
- An ability to communicate effectively with others in presenting your course or activity
- All facilitating preferably to be bilingual Russian / English, but not a necessity.
This volunteer role does not require any checks, licences or certifications.
- Application form
Commitment is negotiable/flexible.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tutoring & Coaching
The details of each activity can be explained and discussed when you advise the area of interest.