About this opportunity
As a mentor at our Camp Magic program you are required to support a child camper during camp. Providing emotional and physical support and helping create a safe space where each camper can feel validated and heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: • Make contact with your camper’s parent/guardian prior to camp to introduce yourself. • Provide your availability and focus to your camper at all times during camp excluding official break times as designated on the timetable, and any scheduled debrief meetings. • Participate actively in the educational sessions of camp by listening, validating your camper and help provide a safe space for your camper to explore their grief. • Attend all meetings, debrief sessions, Talk Time sessions and meals over the weekend. • Participate in all camp activities (including the physical activities as co-ordinated with each group. • Abide by the volunteer confidentiality agreement at camp and after. You will be provided with personal and sensitive information and it is expected it will be treated with the utmost care and respect. • Any other duties as required.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• You must attend a one-day training session prior to attending camp.
• You must provide:
- a current Working With Children's Check; and
- a National Crime History Check with no court outcomes involving children or violence.
• You should be physically fit and comfortably able to climb multiple levels of stairs.
• You need to be able to commit to the full length of camp without leaving the site.
• There is no access to mobile phones, cameras or social media while you are on duty at camp (use is welcome during your free time).
• There is to be no alcohol or recreational drug consumption of any kind during the weekend.
• You must act in an appropriate manner and behaviour when at camp or any other time you are representing Feel The Magic in a formal setting or wearing any labelled or identifiable clothing depicting Feel the Magic.
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events