About this opportunity
The Brotherhood of St Laurence and Goodstart Early Learning have formed a partnership to develop Children and Family Centers across the outer Melbourne, with the first of these, the Jindi Family and Community Centre, opening in January 2015.
The partnership aims to develop new, innovative models to assists children, parents and communities to grow and thrive as they establish their lives in the growth corridors. Bringing together the Brotherhood's experience in family support and economic participation and Goodstart's vast experience in providing high quality early learning and social inclusion programs, the partnership delivers integrated, multi-disciplinary support to children and families at a crucial point in their development.
The Children’s Program Support’s key role is to assist in attending and supporting playgroups and caring for children when their parents are participating in parenting groups as well as to establish and maintain links with the participants and the team.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience or ability to participate in a vibrant and busy group setting
- Ability to support children and families from diverse backgrounds from a strengths-based perspective
- Understanding of early childhood development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in building positive and trust-based relationships
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Understanding of and sympathy with the values and ideals of the BSL and Goodstart.
To learn more, apply now!
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
NegotiableType of work