About this opportunity
We are looking for someone with an interest in international affairs and a desire to gain hands on experience in the Not-For-Profit sector to volunteer in our Marsfield office as a Marketing Assistant.
This volunteering experience will allow you to share and develop your marketing knowledge and skills and expand your professional network. You'll also having the opportunity to contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of women and children in Afghanistan.
We are seeking someone who can commit to 1 or 2 days per week. We are very flexible and can work around work or study commitments.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting the disadvantaged women, widows, children and orphans of Afghanistan. Since 1998, Mahboba’s Promise has established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provided numerous sponsorship's to widows and orphans in need.
As part of the role you will undertake tasks including:
- Assist in developing the online presence of Mahboba’s Promise across social media channels Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Assist in creating appeals and campaigns to increase donor base
- Creating dynamic written, graphic, and video content for social media platforms
- Researching competitive brands and markets
- Propose new ideas and concepts for our social media strategy
- Updating website content and design
- Create marketing eDM’s and quarterly newsletters
- Use analytical tools to measure the success of campaigns (Google Ads and Google Analytics)
The role would suit a recent graduate, or someone in their final year of study. Although some prior experience is preferred, it is not essential. We can provide training and guidance.
- A degree in Communications, Marketing or Social Media
- Previous experience creating eDM’s, knowledge of CMS WordPress and experience with social media is desired but not essential
- Working knowledge, or desire to learn, Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficiency in English
- An interest in international affairs and development, the not-for profit sector and/or Afghanistan and its development context.
This is an unpaid, voluntary position. Volunteers of Mahboba’s Promise are covered by our public liability insurance.
1 or 2 days per week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Marketing, Media & Communications