About this opportunity
The successful candidate will have good people skills and the ability to coordinate small groups of volunteer helpers at the Expo under the guidance of the event manager/coordinator, entirely or mostly on the event day itself, Sunday 2 May 2021. Previous experience in events coordination would be useful. Volunteers must also be 18+ and it would be a bonus if you are willing to complete the easy 15 min online COVID course (optional) before the event. Your role will be to help coordinate various groups of volunteers including:
- Gate attendants (who will be helping people check-in, monitoring attendance numbers, and ensuring COVID regulations are followed)
- General Expo helpers (providing visitor directions; site signage set-up/take-down; site tidy-up; etc)
- COVID marshall (ensuring COVID protocols are followed)
- Parking marshalls When applying, please ensure your 'Interests, skills & qualifications' profile includes any experience in event coordination. You will be needed on site at the Expo near Mundaring on Sunday 2 May from approx. 8.00am to 3.00pm. Background information about the event can be found on the WA Hiking Expo website and Travel to the Expo venue in Mundaring will be required on the event day.
Driver's Licence (C) .
Mostly only one day, Sunday 2 May from approx. 8.00am to 3.00pm. Plus possible one hour face-to-face meeting.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Sport & Physical Activity
HikeWest's Expo manager will meet with the successful candidate to provide a briefing before the event. Further briefing will be provided on site on the day of the event.Reimbursement
HikeWest will consider reimbursing reasonable claims for travel cost to and from the event.