About this opportunity
- Welcome visitors to Old Government House and share the fascinating stories of this former vice-regal residence;
- Answer visitors’ questions and inspire them to learn more about this significant site;
- By knowing about our collection of significant furniture, homewares and textiles you will be able to add-value to the visitor’s experience;
- You will be spending your day surrounded by history and as part of a team, assisting with events, programs and school holiday activities; and
- Learn about the property’s many and varied residents and the decisions made within its walls that continue to impact Australia today.
Working with Children Check *.
If you have a second language, that's a great bonus!
• We require Room Guides for Thursday – Sunday, all year around. • Volunteer Room Guides are required to give a commitment of once a fortnight. • The shifts commence at 9.45am and finish at 4pm.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
An induction session will introduce you to our staff, property and daily operations. Your training will then be hands on as you learn the role from our experienced volunteers.Reimbursement
No reimbursement unless authorised by the supervisor.