About this opportunity
DonateDirect has a role for two volunteer Donation Coordinators to help manage the donations listed on our online platform and help coordinate their distribution to our community partners who have clients in need.
As a Donation Coordinator key duties would include:
- Responding to requests by donors to donate their items;
- Liaising with donors about their donations;
- Responding to requests by our community partners (charities and community service providers) who are looking to obtain essential household items for their clients; Liaising with our community partners about donations;
- Matching donated items (from donors) with what is being requested by our community partners;
- Responding to a variety of emails that include questions about donating through DonateDirect;
- Managing inventories spreadsheets;
- Posting positive stories about DonateDirect on social media.
Key skills of Donation Coordinators: Excellent computer skills including in-depth knowledge of online spreadsheets for managing data; knowledge of how to acquire and manipulate images/photos; ability to work with mail merge / CRM programs. Experience with social media platforms. Prior experience working for a not for profit organisation would be an advantage.
As a volunteer you would have the experience of being a part of a growing organisation and have the satisfaction of assisting people in need to obtain essential household items, and in turn improving their wellbeing and quality of life.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Volunteer work would occur from the volunteer's personal computer in their own home/residence.
Approximately one hour per day, three days per week.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
Donation coordinators will meet with the DonateDirect staff to receive information about how to coordinate and match donations. This initiation meeting will take approximately 2 hours.