About this opportunity
- Volunteers needed to undertake store duties, which may include customer service and donation sorting
- Minimum commitment 4 hours per week | Shifts Required for Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sun. Shift times are 9-1pm and 1-5pm .
- Volunteers must follow Red Cross hygiene and physical distancing protocols, as well as Government stay-at-home advice for higher risk groups
The program Red Cross Shops sell new and donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to help people in need. Each year, we rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunities to 5000 volunteers, and generate funds to help Red Cross support vulnerable people in Australia and around the world. The proceeds from the sale of items support the vital everyday work of Red Cross, providing relief in times of crisis and care where it's needed most.
The opportunity Our Hove Red Cross shop is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with store operations. By joining the team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Provide customer service and process sales
- Create window and visual merchandising displays
- Sort and clean donations, as well as price products for sale
- Contribute your skills and help us raise money for those in need
An openness to undertake whatever tasks are required is essential. A minimum commitment of four hours a week is required to volunteer. Training is provided. Red Cross is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community we’d love to hear from you.
The impact As a Red Cross Shops volunteer, you’ll develop valuable retail skills while helping us raise funds to bring care and comfort where it’s needed most. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the world’s largest humanitarian network.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
National Police Certificate *.
Minimum commitment 4 hours per week | Monday and SundayType of work
- Retail & Sales
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided.