About this opportunity
- Multiple volunteer positions available
- Monday to Friday (minimum 4 hours per week)
- Brand new facility – onsite parking available
- Become part of a fun and diverse team of people and do something meaningful!
The program Red Cross Shops sell new and donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to help people in need. Each year, we rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunities to 5000 volunteers, and generate funds to help Red Cross support vulnerable people in Australia and around the world. The proceeds from the sale of items support the vital everyday work of Red Cross, providing relief in times of crisis and care where it's needed most.
The opportunity Our brand new Distribution Centre located in Derrimut is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with sorting donations. By joining the team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Assist with sorting, grading and packing both new and preloved donated goods according to set standards and store requirements
- Help assess the quality and suitability of donated merchandise, and address any quality issues with the Quality Control Team Leader
- Learn new skills that you can add to your resume
- Make friends and contribute your skills to help us raise money for those in need.
A minimum commitment of just four hours a week is required to volunteer. No experience is necessary and all training is provided. Red Cross is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community we’d love to hear from you.
The impact As a Red Cross Merchandise Volunteer Sorter, your contribution will help us raise funds to bring care and comfort where it’s needed most. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the world’s largest humanitarian network.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
National Police Certificate *.
Minimum 4 hours per week; Weekdays during business hoursType of work
- Retail & Sales
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided.