About this opportunity
** Please note that all applicants must live within or very close to the City of Kalamunda, in order to meet callout response times.
As an SES Volunteer you will be trained to assist the community to cope with natural disasters including storm, cyclone, earthquake and flood. Volunteers also carry out missing person land searches and rescues.
SES Search & Rescue and Storm Damage Team Member roles include:
- Temporary repairs to houses damaged as a result of storms, flooding, vehicle accidents, fallen trees etc.
- Aiding the community in the event of flood, earthquake or tsunami
- Assisting the WA Police with searches for missing or lost persons
- Providing first aid; casualty removal
- Providing operational support to bushfire brigades
- Participating in community education and public relations activities
If you think you would be able to perform these roles, and are keen to work closely with a great team of community minded volunteers, please submit an Expression of Interest below.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
Applicants must live within the City of Kalamunda.
Commitment is ongoing and includes: weekly training on Monday evenings starting at 7.00pm; minimum two additional training courses per year (usually held on weekends); attending emergency callouts 24/7 when available; attending occasional community engagement events when available.Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
You will be provided with all the training and equipment needed for your role as an SES Volunteer.