About this opportunity
Salisbury Seniors Alliance is looking for more volunteers. The Alliance is a team of volunteers who inform council to support Salisbury to be an age friendly city where people of all ages can have a good life.
The volunteers share their ideas and advice on such things as the design of the Salisbury Community Hub, council's City Plan and age friendly outdoor exercise equipment.
Seniors who are 60+ and who are interested in this role must have reasonable English literacy skills, good communication skills and an interest in the local community.
- Background Screening Required (organised by Council)
- Good communication skills and an interest in the community.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
The Alliance meets on a Tuesday four times a year.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Seniors & Aged Care