About this opportunity
- Setting up the barbecue and tables as per procedure
- Cooking the barbecue meat
- Customer service – serving customers and handling money
- Follow Procedural Guidelines for Cleaning up and packing away the trailer and/or Bunnings BBQ
- All volunteers on the day will assist with set up and cleaning up
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
Just for your information
• Public Liability Insurance - protects you up to a stated amount if a third party sues your organisation for personal injury (including death), or damage to property as a result of an occurrence in connection with your organisation.
• Personal Accident or Voluntary Workers Insurance - is like Workers’ Compensation for volunteers. It can provide cover for people who become injured while performing volunteering work.
4 Hours minimum commitmentSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Fundraising & Events