About this opportunity
Mater Volunteers is seeking reliable volunteer Patient Transport Drivers. This role enables vulnerable patients to access health care by providing door to door transport to and/or from their Mater appointments. To ensure your safety Mater has implemented a number of COVID-19 safe precautions including only one passenger in each vehicle and COVID phone screens.
The available shifts are:
- Tuesday 12pm - 4pm (standard vehicle)
Applicants must be able to commit to one of these shifts weekly for a minimum period of 6 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Safely drive Mater vehicles to transport patients to and from their healthcare appointments.
Contribute to a respectful and friendly conversation with patients from diverse backgrounds whilst ensuring their privacy and confidentiality.
Adhere to all road rules and speed signs both on Mater campus and offsite.
Answer mobile phone and respond to any requests.
Use iPad to access daily run sheet and updates.
Follow procedures to notify staff of any changes to planned route, incidents or damage incurred on shift.
Skills and Experience required:
- A current open Driver’s licence
- Aged between 26-73 years for insurance and risk management purposes
- Criminal history check required
- Clean traffic history check - no offences in last 5 years
- Basic knowledge of motor vehicles
- Able to remain calm and problem solve in a busy and sometimes demanding environment
- Able to listen, empathise and show compassion to patients
- Able to build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Moderate to advanced fitness level (able to be in and out of vehicle for up to 8 hours a day)
- Ability to use Mater mobile phone, GPS and tablet
- Good time management/organisational skills
All Mater Volunteers receive training including COVID-safe procedures to ensure you are confident in your role.
We are looking for an immediate start so please apply today!
Please include a brief outline of your experience and address your ongoing availability in your expression of interest.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Traffic Check *.
1 x 4 hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 monthsType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
Orientation and on the job training provided.Reimbursement