About this opportunity
The Family Drug and Gambling Helpline provide information, support and referrals to people who have someone in their life using alcohol or other drugs. The helpline is staffed by volunteers and is based in Carnegie, Victoria.
In this role you will support people who are impacted by someone else’s drug or alcohol use by:
- Helping them to work out strategies for looking after themselves and other family members
- Encouraging open communication with the person using drugs
- Linking people with Family Drug and Gambling Help programs, such as support groups, education programs and counselling
- Identifying people’s individual needs and referring to appropriate services and agencies
- Supporting callers to put boundaries in place to safeguard themselves emotionally, physically and mentally
- Helping people identify what they want to do and how they might go about it
This is a peer support role, fulfilled by people who have personal experience ofbeing impactedby someone elses substance use.****This lived experience is the key selection criteria.
Helpline shifts are weekdays, either 9 am to 1 pm or 1 pm to 5 pm. Volunteers commit to a 12 month period of 1 regular weekly shift. Successful volunteers are well supported with training and supervision, including:
- An online training component
- Listening/shadow shifts
- Face to face training
- Group supervision and debriefing
- Ongoing opportunities for development
The recruitment process involves: You must fill out the Application form on our website
- Phone interview
- Face to face interview
We have three intakes of volunteers each year
Covid-19 vaccination . National Police Certificate *.
##Applications MUST be made by going to the SHARC website Volunteering tab.
This is a peer support role, fulfilled by people who have personal
experience of being impacted by someone’s substance use(family member, partner or close friend). This lived experience is the key selection criteria.
4 hours per week. Volunteers commit to a 12 month period of 1 regular weekly shift on either a weekday morning or weekday afternoon.Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
An online training component; Listening/shadow shifts; Face to face training;Group supervision and debriefing;Ongoing opportunities for development