About this opportunity
An intercultural city is one where people of all cultures feel a sense of belonging together.
The role of a volunteer in this Alliance is to provide community perspective to Council on decisions based in Salisbury.
To become a volunteer you must live in Salisbury, be over 18yo and have an interest in intercultural communities.
People from culturally and linguistically diverse background are encouraged to apply. Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
Background Screenings Required (arranged by Council)
Anyone from a diverse cultural background urged to apply.
Must be a resident of City of Salisbury.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Meets bi-monthlyType of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Translating & Interpreting